Mensa’s requirement for membership is a score at or above the 98th percentile on certain standardised IQ or other approved intelligence tests, such as the Stanford–Binet Intelligence Scales. The minimum accepted score on the Stanford–Binet is 132, while for the Cattell it is 148. Famous Mensans include Gina Davis, Norman Schwarzkopf, cartoonist Scott Adams (Dilbert).
1) The word Mensa is latin for table?
2) It was founded in the 1840’s?
3) Mensa’s millionth member joined just last year?
4) The youngest member of Mensa was 4 when they joined?
1) Fact…it was chosen to demonstrate the round-table nature of the organization; the coming together of equals.
2) Fake…1946 at Lincoln College in Oxford.
3) Fake…membership is around 135,000.
4) Fake…2 years and 5 months old. Adam Kirby of London scored a 141 on his test.