Former “Growing Pains” star JEREMY MILLER says they’re working on REVIVING the show . . . and Kirk Cameron and Tracey Gold are also onboard. He says that if it happens, they’ll find a way to pay tribute to Alan Thicke, who died in 2016. The show ran on ABC from 1985 to 1992.
1) The Seavers are named after pitcher Tom Seaver?
2) Alan Thicke and Joanna Kerns, Mr. and Mrs. Seaver, dated during the show’s run?
3) Kirk Cameron knew Tracy Gold as they went to the same school?
4) Growing Pains won 4 Emmy’s for Best Comedy Series?
1) Fact-ish…most likely as their neighbors were named the Koosmans. As the series was set on Long Island, and the Mets had teammates named Tom Seaver and Jerry Koosman, it’s certain the family is named after Tom.
2) Fake…while they were both single and flirted quite often, they decided that dating would be horrible for the show if their romance fizzled.
3) Fake…they were in a McDonald’s commercial together as siblings, and had roles in the 1982 made-for-TV special Beyond Witch Mountain in 1982.
4) Fake…none. And none of the actors won any either. The show did win 2…for Outstanding Lighting Direction in 1987 and 1991.