Less than a third of the states in the U.S. require cursive proficiency in their classrooms. A study done over a decade ago showed that less than 20% of teachers had the qualifications to teach cursive to students.
1) The Declaration of Independence is written entirely in cursive?
2) Cursive is a uniquely American trait?
3) Cursive was used as it saved space on hard to find parchment paper?
4) Mark Twain is credited with the decline of cursive?
1) Fake…it goes back 4 to 5 thousand years. Standard cursive was invented in the 8th century by Charlemagne.
2) Fake…it goes back 4 to 5 thousand years. Standard cursive was invented in the 8th century by Charlemagne.
3) Fake…since those who wrote important documents used quills and ink, it was easier to not lift the quill and make a mess.
4) Fake…but he did adopt the typewriter when it first came out in the 1870’s. He even presented The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer to his editor as a typed manuscript.