1. Thanksgiving is the reason we have TV dinners.
2. Only male turkeys gobble.
3. President James Garfield declared Thanksgiving to be a Federal holiday.
4. The first meal eaten on the moon was turkey and all the trimmings.
1. Fact - In 1953 someone at Swanson misjudged the number of frozen turkeys it would sell that Thanksgiving - by 26 tons!! Someone came up with a plan to slice turkey and repackage it with trimmings on the side. Thus, the first Thanksgiving dinner was born!
2. Fact - Female turkeys cackle.
3. Fake - It was Abraham Lincoln back in 1864.
4. Fact - Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin sat down to a turkey dinner with all the trimmings for their first meal on the moon.