1) The original title of the movie was Scared Sheetless?
2) It took 6 months to convince Geena Davis to be in the movie?
3) Winona Ryder beat out Alyssa Milano for the role of Lydia?
4) It was the 2nd highest grossing film of 1988 behind Cocktail?
1) Fake…Tim Burton brought it up as a joke in a meeting, and the studio actually considered it.
2) Fake…she was one of the few major cast member to commit right away. All of the others had turned down the script at least once. Once Michael Keaton signed on, the others fell into place.
3) Fact…others who were considered included Juliette Lewis, Lori Laughlin, Diane Lane, Brooke Shields, SJP, and Molly Ringwald.
4) Fake…it wa the 10th highest grossing film. Cocktail was just ahead of it in 9th. Rainman was #1, followed by Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Coming To America.