General Rules for KSRZ
JOURNAL BROADCAST GROUP – OMAHA RADIO OPERATIONS
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
Star 104.5 will post Contest-Specific Rules for certain promotions on that Promotion’s Contest Page at www.104star.com. If there are no Official Rules on a Contest Page, these General Contest Rules apply.
1. Employees of Journal Broadcast Group (the “Promoter”), its corporate parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcasting stations in the Omaha metropolitan area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households are ineligible to participate or win. Contests are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States and where prohibited.
2. Winners may only win 1 prize from Star 104.5 within a 30 day period.
3. Only 1 person per household is permitted in any Promoter Contest. This includes qualifying in a contest and/or winning a contest.
4. Contests are open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who reside and/or work in Nebraska or Iowa.
5. The minimum age requirement to win is 13 years of age & older. If there is any other age requirement, the Contest-specific rules will state what the requirement is and will also include any other specific requirements (i.e. – possessing a valid driver’s license).
6. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and Promoter will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Promoter will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and Promoter will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
7. The Promoter is not responsible for events, concerts, etc., that are cancelled and are not responsible for replacing the passes or tickets to cancelled events, concerts, etc.
8. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Promoter may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
9. Unless otherwise specified in the prize notification, all prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Promoter at the address below. Event tickets MUST be picked up by 4:30pm the day of the event or the Friday before the event. All prizes MUST be picked up by the winner during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm, winner must have a valid ID. If winner cannot pick up the prize, a photocopy of the winner’s ID, along with written consent will be required. With that written consent, winner’s agree that they will be taxed on the prize that is being picked for them. The person picking up their prize will not be taxed. Minors MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Prize or prize certificates will not be mailed to the winner without the winner’s prior written consent in which the winner shall agree to assume its risk of loss. The Promoter, its sponsor, or promotional partner(s) are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
10. FOR PHONE ENTRIES/CONTESTS: At the time of their call entrants must provide all requested information, including, their first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and date of birth. For any monetary prizes, the winner’s Social Security Number will be required. The Promoter will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, or misdirected phone calls. Entries must be audible.
11. FOR INTERNET ENTRIES/CONTESTS: Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Promoter and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Promoter. The contest administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for any Contest or Promotion.
12. FOR POSTAL MAIL ENTRIES: Each entry by mail must include the entrant’s first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and date of birth. The Promoter will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, misdirected, or illegible entries.
13. For certain contests, Winners (or their parents or legal guardians if under the age of majority) must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by another random drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to complete, sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
14. Unless otherwise specified in the prize notification, all prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Promoter at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Prize or prize certificates will not be mailed to the winner without the winner’s prior written consent in which the winner shall agree to assume its risk of loss. The Promoter, its sponsor, or promotional partner(s) are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
15. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including the winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by Promoter in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more for all Journal Broadcast Group stations. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Winners are responsible for ANY taxes.
16. By participating in the Promotion, each winner agrees to have his or her name, city, state, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
17. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the contest, the Promoter in its sole discretion will require verification of Promotion winner’s identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification. By participating in the Promotion, each winner agrees to release hold Promoter, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), and each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. Promoter will also require eligible Promotion winners and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winners, guests or travel companions are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent.
18. Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of Promoter’s web channel or is otherwise in violation of the rules. Promoter further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Promoter’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by Promoter in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any Promoter web channel or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Promoter reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Promoter, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Promoter reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
19. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdelivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries.
20. To obtain a copy of the General Contest Rules or a list of winners following completion of the a Promotion, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “General Contest Rules” or “Winner List of (CONTEST)” to STATION Winner List for (CONTEST) or General Contest Rules Request, Journal Broadcast Group, 5030 N. 72ND STREET, OMAHA, NE 68134. A copy of the General Contest Rules and a list of winners (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at Journal Broadcast Group, 5030 N. 72ND STREET, OMAHA, NE 68134. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.
21. Decisions of Promoter management with respect to all Promotions and Contests are final.
22. Failure to observe all contest rules will result in forfeiture of prize.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to discontinue any Contests or Promotions for any reason.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to modify Contest rules at any time.